This lovely person nominated me for a Liebster! I have to tell you 11 random facts about myself, then answer the 11 questions she posted.
11 Random Facts About Moi
1) I love playing musical instruments, but I often get off track and it takes a while for me to get back to playing. I started the violin when I was 13, played for a year, but didn’t go back to it until I was 17 (also, I learned through a school music program when I was in the 8th grade. We couldn’t afford a violin at the time. When the program was over, I had to return the violin). 11 years later, I still haven’t played consistently (but I am looking for a good violin teacher! Know anyone?).
2) I like salty foods. Sweets are great, but give me a bowl of potato chips and I will be a happy camper…I mean, blogger!
3) I used to be known for writing when I was younger. I was the star writer of my elementary school, and I wrote for the school newspaper when I was in junior high and then high school. I’m thinking of going back to writing short stories (as with the violin, do you see a pattern here?).
4) I was a Girl Scout when I was 7. I had a Brownie uniform and everything. I also ate my weight in GS cookies.
5) I’m Wiccan. I’ve been one since I was 18, but I was raised Christian.
6) I’m the oldest of five. I have two younger full siblings and two half siblings. We all have the same mother.
7) My favorite colors are red, blue and purple.
8) I once worked for a Spanish language newspaper, selling advertisement space. It was a weird experience.
9) I’m predominantly of East Indian ancestry, but I also have Lebanese, Afghan and Iranian ancestors.
10) My grandparents both had curly hair. All seven of their children have curly hair. Of their 15 grandchildren, only my cousin Robert and myself have curly hair.
11) I once got kicked out of school (true story!). I was at Hunter College. I didn’t do well academically, so I was dismissed.
Now for my questions:
- Why do you blog?: It’s a nice way to interact with people. and I’ve made a lot of great friends. I also like to share my experiences as a makeup artist with others.
- What is your comfort food?: Anything salty or cheesy. Seriously. I could devour a block of cheese in one sitting.
- Where do you find inspiration to blog?: New products, ways to use old products and reader requests.
- How do you manage to interact with your fellow bloggers?: I try to comment on other blogs whenever I can, and I Facebook some people.
- What is the been the happiest phase of your life?: When I was maybe 5-7. My grandfather was alive and my parents were together. I know I will have happy phases in the future. 🙂
- When was the last time you treated yourself with little trinkets?: Just recently. I bought 2 pairs of pretty earrings.
- What was the last book you read?: “What Do Jews Believe?” by David Ariel.
- What is your greatest talent?: The ability to see the good in others and be patient when others are unkind. Also, baking.
- Who is your favorite family member?: My cousin Reuben (who is no longer with us RIP). My cousin in law Roseyta is a close second.
- Do you have a pet?: Anyone who has read my blog for a while knows about my two fur babies.
- Where to you get cards you send to people? (regular store, dollar store, make them, or e-mail them): Usually a pharmacy like CVS. I tend to write notes to people instead of buying a card.
Thanks to Skinny Jeans Baked Beans for nominating me!