I’m pretty happy to know that this is the 10th CF post on this blog. It’s nice to take a moment every month to think about the good things in my life.
I would love to hear more from the rest of you when it comes to the little things that make your day brighter. 🙂
Here’s what has injected some rays of light into my life recently:
1) “City of Blinding Lights” by U2 : A lyrically lovely and musically gratifying number by one of my favorite music groups.
2) Pretty earrings: I’ve been trying to wear my earrings more often. I own many, many pairs but I forget to put on one before I leave the apartment. And in typical me fashion, I still buy more earrings even though I hardly wear the ones I already own.
3) Berry eyeshadow: I’ve been blending berry shadow onto my outer v with a neutral all over the lid. Milani Shock is purple looking in the pan, but it turns quite berry on me. I also love Inglot #52 in the flip-top lid pot.
4) Pound cakes: I have developed serious cravings for this soft, buttery cake. I am making an almond pound cake tonight, and will be making a vanilla bean version very soon. This is a cream cheese pound cake I made several months ago.
5) The Tales of Beedle the Bard by J.K Rowling: I had to order a copy of this since I’m such a huge Potter fan. While it’s not as fast paced and complex as the Potter novels, I enjoyed it nonetheless. Rowling inserts insightful commentary through the voice of Dumbledore and gives us that satisfying and thought-provoking wisdom we all miss from Hogwarts’ most celebrated headmaster.
What have you all be enjoying recently?