Oh my good gravy. That was quite a long break I took, huh?
I will explain a little more about why I took so long to get back on the blog in this month’s current favorites.
1) The Decision to Blog At My Leisure: When I started blogging about 4 years ago, I didn’t really know how long I would last in the blogging world. I did hope to become one of the well-known bloggers, but that never really happened. I’m sort of glad it didn’t happen. If it had, I would have an awfully difficult time posting every day. I would never want to blog just because I feel obligated to. When I first started the blog, I had this feeling that I should churn out posts on a daily basis to keep my readers up to date with the newest cosmetic products and techniques.
I will still write blog posts when I have the time and energy to do so, but it may not be as frequently as before the break. I still want to update this blog from time to time. There are still products and experiences I want to share with you amazing people, and that will never change. What will change is the direction of this blog. It will be more focused on swatches and products that intrigue me, rather than ultra trendy products or the latest cosmetic technology. I was never one to follow trends, anyway. 🙂
I can only blog if I feel inspired to connect and share with others, and to create content that matters to other people.
2) Essence XXXL Shine Lipgloss in True Love: I started topping off my Bite Beauty Pomegranate with this gloss in an effort to use it up. The results are seriously gorgeous! It’s the longer tube on the left (second item from the left).
3) “Alive and Kicking” by Simple Minds: Everyone is obsessed with their hit from The Breakfast Club but they recorded other songs as well. I love this song’s music video, which also features the very talented Robin Clark.
P.S: Don’t tell anyone, but I kind of have a crush on the young Mick MacNeil. 😛
4) Black Girl Dangerous: A (mostly) online resource on writings by and about queer people and trans people. It was created by the brilliant Mia McKenzie. Whenever I need to jumpstart my lagging brain, I stop by BGD.
There is also a book of essays out, in case you want to buy a copy.
5) Old Bay Seasoning: I don’t know if this will get my foodie card revoked, but I have been enjoying this cheat-sheet seasoning on potatoes and other eatables. It’s a good all-purpose, easy seasoning mix to have on hand when you’re starving and just need to cook anything quickly so you don’t get food poisoning. ‘Cause when I’m hungry, I often have to choose between chewing on my own arm or eating partially cooked food. Let’s never have to make these choices again. Old Bay seasoning is what I grab to quickly toss together an edible meal.
That’s my current list! What have you all been loving recently?