How has your week been, beauty?
I dealt with some issues this past week. A former friend blocked me on social media just for disagreeing with him when he said something racist. I’m trying to keep my emotions cool about it, but my anxiety kicked up when I saw the “You’re blocked” message and I got a little angry about it. I don’t handle rejection well and it bothers me that he would do this. I helped this person out a lot in the past. It stung a little to be treated this way.
To recover, I did the following:
- Listened to Haddaway’s “What is Love?“. It’s a fun dance song from 1993. I love popular dance songs from the early 90s. I used to dance to this song when I was in the 2nd grade.
- Ate some Lindt Lychee chocolate. It’s really good.
- Chased Zoe around the apartment. She loves it and I love it too.
- I swatched and photographed enough product for 18 posts! Wow! Editing and uploading them took me 3 hours. It’s a relief to get all of that out of the way.
- I went to the beauty supply store and purchased some lipsticks and the LA Girl corrector in Orange. Of course, reviews are forthcoming. 🙂
This quote has been immensely helpful to me lately. I hope it emotionally benefits you. ❤
“To love. To be loved. To never forget your own significance. To never get used to unspeakable violence and the vulgar disparity of life around you. To seek joy in the saddest places. To pursue beauty to its lair. To never simplify what is complicated or complicate what is simple. To respect strength. never power. Above all, to watch. To try to understand. To never look away. And never, never to forget.”
What forms of self-care have you done within the past week?