July means that we have only one month left to summer. Yay!
Sorry to all who enjoy summer. NYC summers aren’t too much fun. It’s always sticky, boiling and we don’t live near great beaches where we can go swimming. There are public pools but as you can imagine, I don’t really trust them.
To cope with the dreadful season, here is what I have been enjoying lately.
1) Twice layered eyeliner: I don’t experience too many problems with my MAC Fluidline pencil, but to safeguard against melting eyeliner, I double up on product: I use a gel liner on top of the pencil. The concept works in a similar fashion to using two coats of nail polish: you get a more intense color and more product means it will wear off at a slower rate. I’m currently using Smashbox Jet Set Waterproof liner in Dark Chocolate.
2) Talenti Sorbetto in Chocolate: I opted for the sorbet instead of the gelato because the sorbet has fewer calories. It’s not as creamy as gelato, but it’s still a great frozen treat. Best of all, it’s low in fat and pretty much contains just sugar, water, cocoa and vanilla extract.
3) Pure Leaf Lemon Iced Tea: This contains real sugar and no high fructose corn syrup. I’ve been purchasing the large bottles and using that to refill my small bottle, which I then take with me to work. It’s refreshing and keeps me sated throughout the work day.
4) Accessorize Filigree Bead Short Drop Earrings: An acquaintance of mine picked these up in Italy (they’re sold out on the website) and shipped them to me. They’re fun, jangly and great for summer clothing ensembles. I have been wearing them to work every day for the past two weeks. I think they’re great summer earrings. I love pulling out my beaded and “jingle-jingle” jewelry for summer.
5) “Lean On” by Major Lazer & DJ Snake: I know very little about contemporary pop/dance music. I just know that the kids in One Direction were born when I was entering high school and that people no longer use cassette tapes. That’s all I know. So I was a little surprised to find myself liking this club/radio hit.
Now, while I go listen to Samantha Fox and all that 80s pop music, why don’t you tell me what you’ve been loving recently?