Tuesday Talk: Self Care Sessions Vol. 6

One week without the computer! I still can’t believe I haven’t exploded yet. I’ve been using my tablet but it’s been a real hindrance.

I hope you all enjoyed the guest posts. I plan on publishing more in the future. Are there any topics you’d like to see discussed by the guest writers?

So how was your week, lovely? Here is what I did this past week:

1) Visited my friend in the hospital because they just had a baby! For privacy reasons I don’t think I can show you all photos, so just take my word for it when tell you that he is KEWT with a capital K! His name is Yalah and I got to hold him. 😀

2) I had brunch with my BFF and saw his new apartment. It’s beautiful. He has a small balcony and a gorgeous modern kitchen.

3) I bought Entemanns Chessmen cookies. Look, I’m not saying that I would ever rob a cookie factory but……if burglar kits go on sale all bets are off.

4) I used a $10 coupon at Charming Charlie and got 3 pairs of earrings and one necklace for $20. I bought a cute bee-themed gold necklace I’ve been wearing since Friday.

5) My dresses arrived today from the Nordstrom anniversary sale. I got one from Vince Camuto and one from Maggy London.

The Vince Camuto Printed Crepe dress.

The Maggy London Print Wrap dress.

Have you done anything nice for yourself this past week? I recommend holding a newborn. Doing that brightens your whole week!

Advertisements

About themakeuptrain

Beauty/product junkie hiding behind the title of certified makeup artist (that's the excuse I use for my makeup addiction). I am a human pet to two cats, a full time college student majoring in Cultural Anthropology and an organic food enthusiast (read: organic food freak) who cooks, bakes, and has not burned down the kitchen (I'm waiting for it). New York has put up with all of this thus far, so here is where I reside. I can be reached for comments, questions, complaints, and incoherent babbling at: themakeuptrain@yahoo.com
Video | This entry was posted in Let's Talk! and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Tuesday Talk: Self Care Sessions Vol. 6

1. lupe says:

I like Entemanns danishes. Oh a newborn! They are so cute. 🙂 Your week was fun!

ahintofbeauty.blogspot.com/

2. Anubhuti says:

Newborns are cute and delicate…great sale grabs, would love to see some pics 🙂

3. Lulle.Beaumiroir says:

Oooh are you going to show us your Vince Camuto dresses? I love the shoes and purses by this brand. I haven’t bought anything at the sale yet, and what I wanted is probably gone by now. I guess that’s how I save money!

Beaumiroir

• Ha, you’re better at saving money than I am! I had these on my wish list for some time, so I decided to just take the plunge. Yes, I think I will just show the stock photos because I don’t know when my laptop will be fixed.

• Lulle.Beaumiroir says:

That Vince Camuto dress is adorable, I love the print! Unfortunately a sheath cut is something that usually doesn’t flatter me because of my pear-shaped figure. But oh I wish I could pull that one off!

Beaumiroir

4. planetbeauties says:

newborns are always super cute..I love how red they are just like a strawberry 😀

5. Congrats to your friend!

6. Newborns are always so KEWT! And holding them is really special.

Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

7. Aditi says:

congratulations to your friend! and those dresses are gorgeous, i especially liked the vince camuto one a lot. i shopped for dresses online too this week x

Aditi | https://lifeasaditi.wordpress.com

8. Simera says:

How cool! Babies are super cute.
    Beautetude