I did a lot in terms of self-care. At least, I think so.
Here is what I did:
1) Had a nice girls’ shopping day with my BFF. We visited J Crew, Lush (I bought four bath bombs), Intermix, shared a pumpkin cookie from Panera Bread and shared macarons from Laduree. Funny story: we ran into a patient who visits my office out on the street! What a small world. We also went to the Society store, which is as thrift shop that sells things donated by affluent people. The proceeds benefit a local hospital. I saw so many beautiful teapots, cups and saucers. They also had for sale sterling silver serving sets. They looked like things used on “Downton Abbey”. I saw a painting I want to go back for.
2) I bought another Enigma song. This is called The Voice of Enigma. It’s so calming for my strained nerves.
3) I made chicken curry for dinner two days ago. It’s such a great, filling comfort food for me. I mentioned in my last SCS post that I sometimes eat poorly. I was glad I had the emotional spoons to cook a homemade meal.
4) I cleaned up my desk area a little bit. It looks a lot less cluttered now!
5) I watched all of The Simpsons Halloween episodes. I love them. Bless the writers for doing one every year.
Here is the song I bought: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0hKs4jdVSI
What have you done for self-care this past week?