How have you been, amigas?
I had a decent week. I am physically tired but mentally I am doing so much better. I didn’t go to work last week for two days so I missed seeing my harasser. I think doing that really helped my mental health.
Here are my other forms of self-care for the past week.
1) I have been taking scented baths! I bought a few bath bombs and I’ve taken two so far. I prefer bath bombs to anything else because it’s fun watching it fizz in the water and stream in various colors on the surface.
2) I’ve been reading “Mary Queen of Scots” by Antonia Fraser in the bath. It’s good so far! I think Ms. Fraser is a good writer. I’m now eager to read her other books.
3) I purchased and downloaded Grace Jones’s “Slave to the Rhythm”. It’s the Ladies and Gentleman version. It’s different than the one I listen to on YouTube, but I’m still enjoying it.
4) I went to Target and spent $45! In addition to that I got lots of cute things.
Target sells these smaller bath bombs in bags. I got a regular sized bag for $10 and a small bag for $4. The bath bombs should be used two in a bath. I got 6 Lavender and 2 Pomegranate. The smaller bag is good for just one bath. I got a cute pie plate, a trinket tray, a Jasmine scented candle (I haven’t burned it yet), a candle plate, and a pretty card for a friend.
5) I took a ploughman’s lunch to work yesterday. I think that helped my mood because it gave me decent nutrition. I didn’t crave chocolate as much and I was still tired, but not as tired as I usually am.
What did you do for yourself this past week?