How have you been, friend?
My weekend wasn’t great. I found out that three people who I thought cared about me cut me out of their lives. I’m happy to report that I wasn’t as affected as I thought I would be, but this still sucks. I have a long history of being neglected and rejected so I don’t handle rejection well.
To treat myself, this is what I did for self care.
1) Bought myself a cheeseburger after work yesterday. It was good, and much needed comfort food.
2) I went to Lush today and stocked up on the Christmas bath bombs. I got Peeping Santa, Golden Wonder, Santasaurus, Mistletoe, Northern Lights, Luxury Lush Pud.
3) I drank eggnog. I found a lowfat organic version at the local store. It’s pretty good stuff.
4) I painted my toenails. It’s been ages since I’ve done that. They have been painted Revlon Indigo Night.
5) I ignored my boss when he got annoying at work yesterday. This definitely counts as self-care because that man is erratic and irritating.
What did you do for self-care lately?