How have you been doing?
The holiday season has been helping my depression. It really lifts my spirits. I’m letting myself get pulled into it because I know it will help.
In a strange twist of events, one of the people who ended a friendship with me contacted me to apologize and say she was sorry for just walking away. It was very surprising. I agreed to speak to her again but my feelings toward her have cooled.
What I did for self care this past week:
- I didn’t exactly forgive the former friend. I am still speaking to her but I’m in no rush to forgive her. This isn’t the first time she has screwed up, and I’m not obligated to forgive her.
- An insurance company rep brought us free donuts! I ate two and reveled in their sugary, fried goodness.
- I watched “Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban” last night. Good times.
- I squeezed in two more blog post photos and uploaded and edited them at work today. I now have enough photos to continue uploading posts through the holiday break. Yay!
- I ordered some jewelry and a new scarf. I’m just waiting for them to arrive.
A bit of Nayirrah Waheed for you today, friend.
“i fell apart many times.
what does that say about me
i live through