How have you been, friend?
Today’s self care post will be a little different.
I want to talk about a few things that could be done for self care. If you have any ideas, post them in the comments.
1) Marathon watching a television show.
2) Listening to a music playlist.
3) Growing and planting something. If you live in an apartment you could grow plants in pots. I’ve found it really perks up my mood to plant something and watch it grow. 🙂
4) Look at Pinterest and search for images you love. I love photos of beautiful sunsets/sunrises, landscapes, and interiors of mansions.
5) See your friends. Human connections we make are necessary for our survival. Invite your friends over for lunch, or go on walks with them, just make sure you see them as often as you can.
6) Taking a break from the bullsh*t. If it’s harming you, leave it. It isn’t worth your sanity or your emotional wellbeing. Leave it.
7) Eat the foods you like. Life is meant to be enjoyed. Don’t deny yourself chocolate or pizza just because you’re worried about gaining weight. Eat the pizza sometimes. Your self care gets hungry!
8) There is only one of you. Put yourself first. If you have people in your life who need you (ex: young children) yes, care for them but don’t forget that you also need care.
9) Daydream as much as you can. We can escape to other places and lives without a passport. It’s fun, and it will keep us from getting over stressed.
What are your ideas about self care?