How are you doing this week? I’ve been hanging in there. Within the span of a month, two long term friendships of mine ended abruptly. With one I got some closure, with the other one no closure. It was painful but I spent the weekend dealing with the fallout. I’m doing better now. I just wish this sh*t wouldn’t happen to me when I’m so fragile. I don’t need it.
My self care for the past week:
1) I’ve been trying the body scan technique my therapist taught me. It’s hugely beneficial to me. I’m glad I learned it.
2) I started watching “Angel”. I wanted to start Gilmore Girls, but I just finished “Buffy” and I wanted to continue on in the Buffyverse.
3) I’ve been lost in a haze of underground 90s rock music, listening to the Dashboard Prophets. It’s giving me fuzzy nostalgia feelings.
4) I worked at a street fair on behalf of my office’s physical therapy practice (we share the same office space). It was fun to be outdoors in the cool breeze, not focusing on my pain. I got to help my co-workers, and after we packed up I bought a bar of natural soap from a nearby vendor (post is forthcoming).
5) My office is going on vacation starting tomorrow! I treated myself to breakfast at work yesterday and today. I’ve been trying to save money by making breakfast at home. This week I’m only working for two days so I can afford to sleep in and let the bakery cook my breakfast.
What was your self care this past week?