My office went on vacation starting June 28th, so I’ve been relaxing as much as possible.
Unlike past stayactions, I’ve been doing a lot with my free time. It’s not even a full week into the vacation and I’ve done more in 6 days than I do in a month. I feel proud of myself!
Here is my self-care for the week:
1) As I mentioned in my previous post, I went to the ballet! I saw “Whipped Cream” on Friday night, and last night I saw “Tchaikovsky Spectacular”.
I’ve become a huge fan of the ballet. I’m going to attend more often from now on.
2) I treated myself to chicken bites and fries.
3) I am continuing to do the body scan technique.
4) This is not strictly self-care, but when my expensive Catherine Zoraida earrings got tarnished, I panicked because I thought I’d have to pay a professional jeweler to restore them. A friend tipped me off about Connoisseurs polishing cloth. I bought the all purpose version and voilà! My earrings are like new again! I’m putting this story here because it’s now one less distressing thing in my life. I really thought I was going to pay through the nose to have a jeweler improve them.
5) I treated myself to some new A England polishes! I wanted St. George for ages, and I grabbed a few others that looked pretty.
What was your self-care this past week?