I skipped the August CF due to an overwhelming case of busy. That’s what happens to your blogging habits when you’re a student.
But in any case, I am now in my final semester of college! Here’s what I’ve been loving recently:
1) Lauren Brooke Cosmetics Lash Conditioner: I received a tube of this in an Eco Emi box. It’s great as a conditioner and I’ve noticed that my lashes appear fuller and more lush whenever I use it. I’m not sure if that’s just a happy coincidence or if something really is working.
2) Milani Color Statement Lipstick in Uptown Mauve: This has been my go-to lipstick for summer 2014. I wrote a post about it, which can be found here.
3) “Metal Heart” by Garbage: One of my favorite alternative songs from one of my favorite bands. I always perk up when I hear this song.
4) The Fire Next Time by James Baldwin: After years of hearing about this book and not getting around to reading it, I finally checked out a copy of this book from the public library. I’m glad I waited no longer to read it. Riveting, deeply engrossing and painfully perceptive, Baldwin lays out his thoughts on race and anti-blackness in 1960s U.S society. What really struck my inner core was the way his words still resonate today.
5) Walks along the Grand Concourse up to 149th Street: I live near this area in the Bronx. The weather is still warm, and I’ve been taking walks up this street for exercise. I’ve gotten to see parts of the neighborhood I don’t normally see, and I’ve found out that there’s a community garden in the area.
What have you all been loving recently?